Looking for a flavorful skewer recipe which is sure to impress anyone? These spiced salmon kabob are a fresh, tasty, and simple skewer to assemble and grill – perfect for those hot summer evenings!
We love food on a stick, and these spiced salmon skewers are no exception! They’re easy to grill and prep ahead of time (before a party, or in the morning before work), full of flavor, and a healthy alternative to red meat.
Recipe source at Bon Appetit
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillet (preferably wild), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 lemons, very thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 bamboo skewers soaked in water 1 hour
- Prepare grill for medium heat. Mix oregano, sesame seeds, cumin, salt, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl to combine; set spice mixture aside.
- Beginning and ending with salmon, thread salmon and folded lemon slices onto 8 pairs of parallel skewers to make 8 kebabs total. Brush with oil and season with reserved spice mixture.
- Grill, turning occasionally, until fish is opaque throughout, 5–8 minutes.
Want to add a little something extra to the skewers? Try adding cherry tomatoes and red onion for an little different texture, or changing up the oregano for another spice, such as thyme or rosemary!
PREP: 25 MINUTES
TOTAL: 25 MINUTES
Have you made this recipe? What did you think? Did you make changes to the recipe and if so, what were they? Please leave your comments below.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.